Lake Lanier – located just 30 minutes from Atlanta – is Georgia’s largest lake, with almost 700 miles of shoreline spread along its 38,000 acres. It’s also the most popular lake in the southeast, with several million people visiting it each year to relax, refresh, and recreate.
The lake’s Lanier Islands is a key recreational destination, offering awesome activities for everyone – boating, water sports, golf, camping, hiking, horseback riding, ziplining, fine dining, fun bars, great entertainment, spa escapes … You name it, and you can likely find it at Lanier Islands.
At the heart of Lanier Islands is Margaritaville, a diverse entertainment complex and the home of Nautical Boat Club® at Lake Lanier. In addition to 24/7 access to our distinctive and diverse fleet of boats, our members also gain access to all Margaritaville has to offer:
- Water Park – thrilling rides for all ages, all summer long [summer season]
- Year-round campgrounds
- Paradise Beach – more than a half-mile of sandy beach along the lake’s shoreline [summer season]
- Wide variety of restaurants, bars, and concessions
- Magical Night of Lights – an Atlanta holiday tradition for over 25 years [winter season]
- Tram transport within the complex
- License to Chill Snow Island – snow tubing, ice skating, carnival rides, fire pits & s’mores [winter season]